I am beginning to marvel at anyone with cancer who manages to hold down a job. Since this all began, it became obvious early on that we were going to have to put my business on hold for the year. Or at least, manage a very scaled down version. As you know, the Captain has been taking jam making lessons. Today he moved onto chutney. With some success I might add.
However, even if I wanted to, I would struggle to fit in working. During the next 7 days I have the following appointments:
- Oncoplastic Surgeon, follow up
- Pre chemo dental check up
- Citizens Advice Bureau cancer appt – not entirely sure why I’ve got this, will report back
- Pre Chemo talk
- Wig Fitting
- Complimentary Therapy Reflexology
- Presentation on breast reconstruction – optional extra. I was invited as my surgeon is speaking.
It is exhausting. Apart from the reflexology. Last session I fell asleep. ‘You relaxed really well,’ said the therapist. Understatement of the year. I probably snored.